How do I Install - I am having problems installing - I receive error messages when installing the Outlook Add-in?
|Updated: 31 October 2013 12:05:05||OpenCRM::Emails OpenCRM::Add-in::Outlook|
Please download the Outlook add-in from the following location:
FOR XP USERS ONLY:
Either click on the hyperlink above or copy and paste the complete URL into your browser and select GO.
EXISTING USERS - (UNINSTALL FIRST)
To install this new version you should close Outlook and then remove the current installation. This can be done by;
Windows XP : Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove programs. In this list you need to find the 'OpenCRM Outlook Addin install' and then remove.
Windows Vista : Windows Menu > Control Panel > Programs and Features. In this list you need to find the 'OpenCRM Outlook Addin install' and then remove.
Once you have carried out the removal, run the set-up file located in the downloaded ZIP folder and follow the instructions on screen.
NEW USERS - (INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS)
If you are a new user to the Outlook addin, you should download and then run the set-up file located in the downloaded ZIP folder and follow the instructions on screen. Outlook should be completly closed when installing this add-in
if you recive any warnings regarding existing files being newer than the one that is being tried to install, please select to KEEP the existing files.
If you receive any messages regarding files in use, you can safely choose the IGNORE option. This occurs as some of the files are now pre-bundled with Windows and so already exist on your system.
- Once installation is complete restart Outlook
- The Outlook Addin will have been added as a tool bar in Outlook 2007 or will appear under the "Add-Ins" tab in Outlook 2010
- Click "OpenCRM" and then "Login"
- Enter your OpenCRM User Name, Password and your OCRM URL, Your OCRM URL is the address you use in your web browser to access OpenCRM e.g. http://mycompany.opencrm.co.uk
- Check the "Remember Me" box to save your user details and click Login
- If, during installation, you see the error "System files are out of date...", see this FAQ
- If you see the error "Error initialising log file" Please see the following FAQ
What versions of Windows / Office do you support for the OpenCRM Outlook Add-in?
The Outlook add-in is supported on any version of Office/Outlook from 2003 up to Outlook/Office 2013 (32 bit) and Windows XP up to Windows 7 (64 or 32 bit).
It should also work on Windows 8 but due to the infancy of the operating system we have come across some issues here.
Due to changes in components shipped with Office 2013, some manual intervention may be required following the standard setup process. Contact the OpenCRM support team for assistance in this instance.
Installation of the Outlook Add-in on Virtual machines and Parallels for Mac should work, but is not officially supported.
We do not support 64bit Office of any version.
You may also be interested in:
What are Email Plans in OpenCRM? and what are Conditional Email Plans?Updated : 05-12-2013 16:05
OpenCRM::Leads OpenCRM::Emails OpenCRM::Contacts OpenCRM::Activities OpenCRM::Companies OpenCRM::Opportunities OpenCRM::Quotes OpenCRM::Orders::Sales Orders OpenCRM::Orders::Purchase Orders OpenCRM::Invoice OpenCRM::Projects OpenCRM::Helpdesk OpenCRM::Documents OpenCRM::Events OpenCRM::Campaigns OpenCRM::Settings OpenCRM::Settings::Additional
- How do I set up the Auto Invoicing features in OpenCRM (overview)? Updated : 01-10-2013 14:44
OpenCRM::Orders::Sales Orders OpenCRM::Invoice OpenCRM::Emails
- Setting attachment size limits for Email2OpenCRM Updated : 01-11-2013 15:27
- If I use a Bulk Email Account are there limits to the number of emails that I can send? Updated : 12-09-2013 10:17
- What merge variables (tags) do I need to use in automated Helpdesk emails? Updated : 05-11-2013 13:33
- How can I free type email addresses on an email? Updated : 24-10-2013 11:43
- How to create user-specific email signatures? Updated : 12-07-2013 15:14
OpenCRM::Emails OpenCRM::Settings::Users OpenCRM::Settings::Templates
- I want to use specific email templates as default when sending an email from the Quote, Sales Orders, Invoice and Purchase Order modules, how can I do this? Updated : 11-07-2013 17:10
OpenCRM::Emails OpenCRM::Orders::Sales Orders OpenCRM::Orders::Purchase Orders OpenCRM::Invoice OpenCRM::Quotes
- Internet Explorer 10 (IE 10) shows me a blank box instead of my Email. How can I fix this? Updated : 20-09-2013 13:49
- Transferring HTML email templates with images, into OpenCRM Updated : 17-05-2013 14:49