How can I create an email signature using HTML and merge variables in OpenCRM?
|Updated: 24 October 2011 15:58:38||OpenCRM::Emails OpenCRM::Settings::Templates|
In OpenCRM you are able to create email signatures that can be used by any number of Users, containing details specific to that user.
This is done by using merge variables to populate the email signature with details relevant to each user - making a template that can be used throughout an organisation whilst still creating an personalised signature.
A merge variable is the term given to a symbolic name e.g. "$users_last_name" that is used to pull data from your OpenCRM system into a mail, document or template. It tells the system to find and insert the name or word that is referred to, in this example it is the User Last Name.
You don't need to be an HTML expert to do this, as we have compiled a list of merge variables for you to use. Simply select the required variable from the drop-down menu at the top of the email edit screen
Then copy and paste the merge variable into your email body as required, for example:
The variables selected will then pull through the relevant details into the email so that sending a mail using the variables in the example above will produce results along these lines:
A quick note about FORMATTING
Programs such as Word have a tendency to add formatting to documents. As a result your email template may show unexpected formatting such as extra spaces, different fonts, font size and so on. To avoid this, copy text into a program such as Notepad and then copy and paste the text from Notepad, this will strip any unwanted formatting.
Adding an image or company logo to your email template
To add your company logo or any other image into your email template, please refer to this FAQ: http://opencrm.co.uk/crm-knowledgebase/kb744103/I-would-like-to-add-an-image-to-an-Email-how-do-I-do-this.html
You may also be interested in:
- How Do I Allow an Anonymous Relay on a Receive Connector in Exchange 2010. Updated : 18-03-2014 17:29
- How can I select the email address to send a sales PDF for a Quote, Sales Order, Purchase Order or Invoice to a contact with multiple email addresses? Updated : 15-05-2014 11:37
OpenCRM::Quotes OpenCRM::Orders::Sales Orders OpenCRM::Orders::Purchase Orders OpenCRM::Invoice OpenCRM::Emails OpenCRM::Settings::Additional
- How can I create Email Templates in OpenCRM? Updated : 28-01-2014 13:57
OpenCRM::Emails OpenCRM::Helpdesk OpenCRM::Campaigns OpenCRM::Settings::Templates
What are Email Plans in OpenCRM? and what are Conditional Email Plans?Updated : 09-01-2014 13:35
OpenCRM::Leads OpenCRM::Emails OpenCRM::Contacts OpenCRM::Activities OpenCRM::Companies OpenCRM::Opportunities OpenCRM::Quotes OpenCRM::Orders::Sales Orders OpenCRM::Orders::Purchase Orders OpenCRM::Invoice OpenCRM::Projects OpenCRM::Helpdesk OpenCRM::Documents OpenCRM::Events OpenCRM::Campaigns OpenCRM::Settings OpenCRM::Settings::Additional
- How do I set up the Auto Invoicing features in OpenCRM (overview)? Updated : 01-10-2013 14:44
OpenCRM::Orders::Sales Orders OpenCRM::Invoice OpenCRM::Emails
- Setting attachment size limits for Email2OpenCRM Updated : 07-08-2014 16:16
- If I use a Bulk Email Account are there limits to the number of emails that I can send? Updated : 02-02-2014 10:57
- What merge variables (tags) do I need to use in automated Helpdesk emails? Updated : 11-02-2014 10:42
- How to create user-specific email signatures? Updated : 12-07-2013 15:14
OpenCRM::Emails OpenCRM::Settings::Users OpenCRM::Settings::Templates
- I want to use specific email templates as default when sending an email from the Quote, Sales Orders, Invoice and Purchase Order modules, how can I do this? Updated : 11-07-2013 17:10
OpenCRM::Emails OpenCRM::Orders::Sales Orders OpenCRM::Orders::Purchase Orders OpenCRM::Invoice OpenCRM::Quotes